Child Pornography Lawyer Greenville, MI
Have you been charged with the possession or distribution of child pornoraphy? Perhaps you are being investigated by police or the FBI and you’re unsure what you should do. If you are in a situation like this, please know that it may be in your best interest to consult a child pornography lawyer in Greenville, MI, like Blanchard Law.
You Can Be Charged with a Federal Crime
If you are facing child pornography charges, it is possible that you will face Federal charges. If this is true, the legal process will be largely different from the state procedures. The same applies for the applicable penalties in the event you are found guilty. What you should understand right now is that the sentencing guidelines pertaining to the Federal law differentiate between the following:
- The production of the content
- The distribution of the content
- The purchasing or receiving of the content
- The age of the child
As a child pornography lawyer Greenville, MI has to offer may explain, if the child is under the age of 12, the penalities will almost certainly be more severe. Likewise, if you are found guilty of pandering or soliciting child pornography, you may be prosecuted under Federal Law. It is very important you have a private child pornography lawyer Greenville, MI trusts on your side. Without the right lawyer, you may face consequences that will have an affect on the rest of your life.
At Blanchard Law we are able to help you with your State or Federal charges. We understand the sensitive nature of these charges and are not here to judge you. Rather, we would like to see that your rights are protected to the very best of our ability. We will be at your side to stand up for you and act as your voice, advocate, and defense. Fighting charges like these without a knowledgable child pornography lawyer in Greenville, MI could result in an outcome that is unfavorable to you, your wellbeing, and your life.
Child Pornagrpahy Charges in Michigan
The penalities for child pornography in Michigan are strict. Although they change on a frequent basis, you may expect the following.
- If you knowingly possessed any form of child pornographic material, you may be charged with a felony. A jail sentence of up to 4 years, and/or a fine of up to $10,000 may come with a guilty verdict.
- If you distributed, promoted, or financed the distribution or production of child pornography, or otherwise conspired to do so, you may be charged with a felony and give an prison sentence of up to 7 years. You may also be heavily fined.
- If you persuaded, coerced, or knowingly allowed a child to engage in any form of child sexual activity, and you are found guilty of the felony charge, you may face up to 20 years in prison and/or a $100,000 fine.
In addition to these penalties, you may be required to register on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for the rest of your life. It is certainly possible to face harsher penalties if you have multiple charges against you, or you are being charged with a federal crime.
Call a Child Pornography Lawyer in Greenville, MI from Blanchard Law
These charges should not be taken lightly. Even if you are only being investigated or you are sure you are not guilty, it is prudent to get advice from a child pornography lawyer Greenville, MI has to offer.